Facts About Early Lakehurst
- First International Airport in the United States was located at Lakehurst Naval Air Station.
- Early forges made cannonballs for the Revolutionary Army of George Washington.
- A Russian Embassy was once located in Lakehurst
- The Lakehurst Volunteer Fire Company was formed as the Manchester Volunteer Fire Company in April 1911.
- Lakehurst was once a winter resort.
- Lakehurst was the home to major railroad shops and a roundhouse. Due to the railroad, Lakehurst was active 24 hours-a-day, every day.
- Lakehurst is the home to several pre-Civil War structures and many beautiful 19th century homes.
- Lake Horicon was the original name of New York State's famous Lake George.
- The Borough Hall was once the town hall for Manchester Township.
- The Museum, houses many secrets of Lakehurst's past. Stop in for a pleasant surprise!
- Lakehurst is a great place to visit, shop, eat, relax, or live and raise a family!